A couple weeks ago, the lovely Anna from styleunderpressure nominated me and a few other bloggers to do -drumroll- The Travel Tag. Anna’s posts are awesome and if you’ve never checked out her blog before, you totally should! Anyhoo, travelling is something that I always wanted to do, but not sure how to approach it in a ‘budgeted’ way. Travelling doesn’t always have to be expensive and one of my friends is great at constantly again and again proving that feat! Hopefully I’ll be able to go to more places in the future, but for now…
Let’s get started on the travel tag!
1. Where is your favourite place you have visited?
I haven’t been to many places, and I’ve only been on a womping three continents :( – Asia & North America & Australia! So if I had to pick a favourite place so far – from the handful of places I’ve been to, hands down..
2. If you could visit anywhere tomorrow, where would you pick?
This is a really tough question, there are so many places I haven’t been to. Hmm..
Korea – of course! Is that even an answer?? I love all these skincare products from Korea, yet I’ve never been.. can you imagine how ruined I’d be.. if I got the chance to go
Vietnam & Thailand
3. Would you rather go on a city holiday or a beach holiday?
Beach holiday hands down! Two places that I’ve been to that I absolutely love for the beach is Hawaii and Sydney (Bondi, Coogee, Gold Coast, Whitsundays -dies-). I lost my photos from Hawaii, but I know they’re somewhere.. Here’s a teaser of the lovely beaches in Sydney though!
4. What are 3 of your holiday essentials?
Holiday.. as in travelling essentials? Hehe, well if it is travelling goodies
- Camera – Can’t, can’t, can’t forget my camera! I like to print out physical copies of my photos, because you never know what might happen in a few years (laptop might go wonky and delete them all)
- Sunscreen & skincare samples & sheet masks – OK, I know this is more than one, but they really all fall under one category (skincare) so that kind of works doesn’t it? I loove going travelling because I can always unwind and take a longer time with my skincare and relax while I’m at it.
- Books – Holiday is a time to kick back right? Annd catch up on some reading. During the school year, I hardly get any time to read the books I like.. because I’m stuck reading a textbook :(
5. Are you an over-packer or an under-packer?
Over-packer for sure. I always get the feeling that I’m missing an item, or a shirt or something. So I tend to pack a little more than I need to.. which is something that I need to work on…
6. What is your favourite thing about going on holiday?
The best part of about going on holiday is to step away from all this stress, pressure and just be myself! I also enjoy seeing different parts of the world, and getting to learn more about a certain country’s or city’s culture. It makes me feel a little more connected to the world around me.
7. What is one place that you would never want to visit?
So far none, the only that would stop me from visiting a certain place is the fact that I end up never getting to visit that place :( I can’t pick because I don’t like to give an opinion/judgement on places that I have never been to before.
8. Who would you rather go on holiday with, family or friends?
Such a hard question. I love travelling with my friends because there are things that I can do that I otherwise wouldn’t be able to do if I go with my family. But if I go with my family, we tend to usually go look at shrines and historical museums (because my parents loove that stuff) – which is nice because I get a good taste of that area’s history. Eep, I don’t have a specific answer for this one.
9. What is the most adventurous dish you have tried from another country?
Kangaroo meat. When I was in Sydney, the friends that I met there told me that I HAD to try Kangaroo meat – and it was pretty good! It tasted like beef, but a lot less tender and more chewy (must be because they’re so muscular!). After I tried it, they made fun of me and joked around about how I ate their national animal.. which kind of made me feel bad (but I knew they were kidding). Or were they? :S:S
10. Who do you choose to do this Travel Tag?
I nominate you! – if you have a blog, or instagram etc. and would like to do this Travel Tag do it! It’s super fun and a great way to learn a little bit more about others and yourself.
I’ll also pick a few bloggers to nominate as well: