KDrama..addiction is what I would describe what I am currently going through right now. December&January were such exciting months for Korean Drama, what with Lee Sung Kyung & Nam Joo Hyuk Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-Joo and Gong Yoo & Kim Go Eun in Goblin. Yes, yes Lee Min Ho fans, I know he had a drama too! But I haven’t started watching that one yet.. Anyways, I loooved Lee Sung Kyung’s Kim Bok-Joo makeup in the drama. It was cute, youthful yet natural in a way (which is what most female leads have for makeup anyways). So I figured I’d try to do a thing.
HA. So, I’m no MUA (makeup artist) or anything and I don’t own fancy smancy tools and brushes. If you’re trying this out just pick whatever you have that works for you (that’s in similar shades), the brushes you like etc. It’s also my first time doing one of those makeup posts, so hopefully it’s not too all over the place.
DISCLAIMER: ALL PRODUCTS USED IN THIS POST WERE PURCHASED WITH MY OWN MONEY AND I AM NOT BEING PAID TO WRITE THIS. MY REVIEW, IMAGES, IMPRESSIONS AND THOUGHTS ARE ALL MY OWN, UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE. WHILE THIS PRODUCT MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE WORKED FOR MY SKIN, IT MAY OR MAY NOT WORK FOR YOURS – REMEMBER, YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY (YMMV)!
LINKS: AFFILIATE LINKS WILL BE MARKED WITH AN **. I CURRENTLY DO NOT HAVE ANY AFFILIATE ACCOUNTS ANYWHERE YET.
PRODUCTS I USED
(Don’t need to use the same things! Just use whatever you have that works for you):
I’ve listed them in the order that I used them!
- NATURE REPUBLIC Snail Solution BB Cream (#02)
- URBAN DECAY Eye Shadow Primer Potion
- ETUDE HOUSE Look At My Eyes Cafe (BR404)
- ETUDE HOUSE Look At My Eyes Cafe (PK001)
- MAC Powder Blush (MELBA)
- THE FACE SHOP Ink Graffi Brush Pen Liner (02 Ink Brown)
- ESTEE LAUDER ILLUSIONIST Maximum Curling Mascara
- BECCA Mineral Blush (Hyacinth)
- LANEIGE Two-Tone Lip Bar (04 Milk Blurring)
- ETUDE HOUSE Dream On Powder (#02 Apricot Beige)
- SHU UEMURA Hard Formula Eye Brow Pencil (05 Stone Gray) (not pictured, forgot to add it in – sorry!)
- MAC Eye Brows (Stud)
BRUSHES I USED
- ECOTOOLS Powder/Blush Brush
- Pink brush (05) that I got from SASA – no idea what brand it’s from :s
- ETUDE HOUSE Brush 311 Eye-Blending
- QUO Fiber Concealer Brush (that’s what I think it looks the closest to – I got this in a brush set from Shoppers because it was a redeemable gift with Shopper’s points!)
LET’S TRY IT!
Before I started, I prepped my skin with the my skin care routine which consists of the ETUDE HOUSE Wonder Pore Freshner, HOLIKA HOLIKA Skin & PORE ZERO Tightening Serum and the CLINIQUE Moisture Surge.
After all that goodness, I applied the MISSHA All Around Safe Block Essence Sun (Line Friends Ed.) SPF 45/PA+++ and the NATURE REPUBLIC Snail Solution BB Cream. Then I proceeded with the rest of my face!
NOTE: I blended the eyeshadow after each step! Forgot to mention that in the pictures >_< (#somuchfail)
Do I look like Bok-Joo or nah? Really, I think the biggest thing that made this whole look go together is the hair clip.. even though mine isn’t red. Oh! And my hair is a little too long but it’s okay. It worked somehow. The hardest thing was trying to do the eyebrow thing that Lee Sung Kyung does.. I TRIED
So what do y’all think? :) I hope this was helpful/fun to read in some way? I’ve never done anything like this before so I’m sorry it’s super all over the place, and missing a lot of info. If you’ve got any questions and stuff, feel free to just drop me one and I’ll -try- my best to answer because I’m not exactly an expert in this field either.